Thursday 16 May 2019

Moving day tomorrow.

We want to move tomorrow so hopefully it won't be raining or if it is, then not too hard.

I'm not sure how far we will go, CHS has big plans but if he gets tired I'll call a halt, we can stop overnight and move again the next day.

We may stop on an overnight mooring and then move on to a 14 day mooring afterwards. It's easier to moor in some places in the bigger boat as we have a shallower draft but it does depend on the width of the canal.

We aren't having to drive so often this week so it's been a little easier. On Monday I drove 112 miles, not that far, but due to road closures, diversions and road works it took me almost six hours.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Either stay or move on somewhere new whenever you want, you have an enviable lifestyle. Enjoy your lovely life on the water.

justjill said...

Hope all goes well. 112 miles? I manage 6 a day thats enough for me.

Chris said...

Hope the weather stays fine for you.

Sue in Suffolk said...

I didn't realise your new boat was wide beam, much easier for moving round inside but will it restrict where you can go,although you are further south than we ever went so I don't know how many narrow locks there are down that way.

Good luck with moving - hope it stays fine

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.