Saturday 11 May 2019

Ouch, ouch, ouch

My right shoulder is giving my gip. It's always a bit stiff and I have limited movement in it. It doesn't hurt all the time and this can be part of the problem as I often forget it's limitations and move it unwisely. Then boy do I know it, the pain makes me feel sick.

The damage was caused about 25 years ago, the night before my mother's funeral. I fell downstairs and landed awkwardly.

I didn't sleep that night but sat up in a chair dosed up on painkillers, I got through the funeral the same way.

I've been driving for a couple of hours every day for the last ten days, hospital visits and other stuff, much more than I usually drive and so my shoulder is complaining. Driving makes me tense especially with my backseat driver panicking beside me and the more tense I get the more painful my shoulder gets.

I try to avoid painkillers and usually settle for a small gin with lots of tonic, it takes the edge off the pain and more to the point it relaxes the muscles so it's a win win situation.  I may need a new bottle of gin soon but as the one I'm drinking has lasted 18 months I don't think it's a problem.

3 comments:

justjill said...

Ah you have a but in there. A negative comment, e;g; I drink gin is ameliorated by the but. I drink too much red wine. But it makes me happy! Hope the pain goes.

Hard up Hester said...

Justjill
Having spent a lot of my life surrounded by heavy drinkers I'm cautious about my alcohol intake also, more than one drink and asleep.

JanF said...

18th months and still on the same bottle of gin! This must equal less than a sip a day. You are doing well.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...