Monday 16 December 2019

The Annihilation Score now with correct information

Life currently is very difficult, at times like this I bury myself in a book.

I started a reading list on my blog but I was unable to keep it updated, so here is a list of my most recent reads.

The Annihilation Score by Charles Stross part of The Laundry Files, there are nine books in the series. The books are about a civil service department that deals with the occult.

Treachery by S J Parrish these are similar in style to the Shardlake books which are written by C J Sansome.

Hero by Lee Childs

The Reckoning by John Grisham

A History of the World in 21 Women by Jenni Murray

9 comments:

justjill said...

Some excellent reading there. Enjoy.

MargaretP said...

That's a good idea, sometimes your head just needs to be elsewhere, when my Mum died I read all the Twilight books one after the other....twice ! I just needed to "escape " when I wasn't at work.
My Mum was the best, the very best and I just couldn't handle her passing.

the veg artist said...

I like a nice long series of books, they help to see me through the winter.

Chris said...

I am all stocked up for the holiday season (see my today's blog entry). I couldn't be without a couple of books on the go!

Angela said...

I love Shardlake, but have not come across this Parris book. Will check the library. Thanks for mentioning it

Sewing mamie said...

Have you read any of the rivers of london series , think harry potter joins the police , i could not put them down.

Hard up Hester said...

I'm a fan of the Rivers of London books too.

zoeoutside said...

The Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde is really good - alternate timeline, cheese control and dodos doesn't even begin to explain it :-)

Emmbee said...

The only way to truly relax is to read. One cannot ‘think’ and read at the same time. Apart from thinking about the words you are reading. Other thoughts which try to intrude, can be pushed aside by the words on the page.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...