Saturday 4 January 2020

Jumble Sale

Thank you for all your comments.

The jumble sale did me the world of good, lots of people to chat to, customers and other helpers.

I bought an Addis cereal box and some oven gloves for myself. I know there are concerns regarding plastic storage boxes but the cereal boxes I have are over 20 years old and still going strong.

I bought four single fitted sheets for DD1, she has a new child or two due in March so she may need bedding for two more beds. There could also be bedwetting problems with the new children so some extra sheets could be useful.

I also won a raffle prize, a box of After Eights.

The jumble sale is done in two shifts, 10 - 11:30 and 1:45 - 3:30. This is ideal for me as I means Steve isn't alone for long as I go home to walk Beano and get us some lunch at midday.

5 comments:

50 and counting said...

Sounds like you had a good day!

Some of my plastic food keepers are as old as yours, got them when our boys were young, often as some sort of promotion. As long as I keep using them, they stay out of the landfills, so I don't feel guilty.

One day at a time.

Life In The Seniors Lane said...

So happy you got a break and had some socializing. I still have plastic food containers from the early 80s. Why get rid of the. When they still work. Jean in Manitoba Canada

Debdor said...

We used to have very good jumble sales in my town, but no more. Am very jealous, perhaps I should get them going again...

Sue in Suffolk said...

I have jumble sale envy! (who knew there was such a thing?)

JanF said...

I had a feeling you'd enjoy yourself! So glad you went.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...