We have had so much rain here the ground is waterlogged. The towpath is ankle deep in water in some places.
We managed to get a long walk in this morning in between showers but by 2 o'clock the rain became heavy and it didn't stop until after 10:30.
The water levels are so high that the boats moored near the wharf are above the armco, if the water levels drop suddenly and the boats get caught on the bank they will list and could capsized.
Walking along the canal I can see that some of the lowlying gardens are flooded.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spending spree
There was a car boot sale in the pub car park this morning and I went along. I bought a cardigan from M&S, it feels really warm and as I...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
3 comments:
Same here. On our long walk this week, we came across many flooded lanes. Some were so deep we had to push through hedges to get into the fields to bypass them.
The fields around here are just one big lake , I saw five mallards and a swan swimming on one of them lol
Your boat will need to become an ark!
Post a Comment